1. "Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump
A man's stupidity can be determined by his actions. If you are stupid, all your actions will be stupid as well and you will have no control over your actions.
2. "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Life is very unpredictable and this is the reason that you can never understand that what is going to happen next. It is a bed of roses at one moment and thrones the next day.
3. "Run, Forrest! Run!" - Jenny Curran
It is literal. Forrest's friend was urging him to run from bullies. Jenny, tells him to "Run, Forrest. Run!" And he does. The braces fall off and he realizes that for the very first time in his life, he is good at something.
4. "You have to do the best with what God gave you" - Mrs. Gump
God has given everyone some kind of special skills so it is important that you wisely use them. Train your skills and be the best at what you can do to prove your worth.
5. "What's normal anyway?" - Mrs. Gump
Nothing is normal in this world. You will find some kind of abnormality in every person and this is what that makes him or her unique and interesting. So it is better that you never look for the normal.
6. "No, but I've been on a real big boat." - Forrest Gump
You should never let people bring you down. If they ask you that whether you have been to something big it is better to reply them with a smile and let them know you know what they do not.
7. "I'm not a smart man. But I know what love is." - Forrest Gump
Forrest often makes mistakes and even if he is not the most intelligent he can understand love more than anyone else.
8. "Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots." - Forrest Gump
Gump and Jenny are the perfect couple and he is trying to make others know that they cannot be separated because peas only taste good with carrots.
9. "Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?" - Lieutenant Daniel Taylor
Most of the people are spending their lives in search of Jesus and so was Gump and when he was asked about this he politely replied he did not know that he has to look for him to succeed.
10. "Dear God, make me a bird. So I could fly far. Far far away from here." - Young Jenny Curran
Here Gump is tired of the hardships and bad behaviors of the people. So he wants to leave everything behind in order to start a better life where he would not be tortured like this.
11. "Everybody gets a second chance." - Lenore
New year, the moment we can start all over and everybody gets a second chance.